<< Home
Previous Posts
Archives
Online Poker Tour The3Dpoker
Blogs I'm reading

Abused By Illusions

Friday, September 03, 2004
Abused By Illusions
Abused By Illusions

Thought I would post a few recent Haiku.

I.

Small child looking up,
teenager unsure what direction,
old man looking back.

II.

Where least we look
there paradise always lies
waiting to be found!

III.

Man lost in the crowd,
a small woman approaches-
a match is now made.

IV.

Heaven is revealed,
when we take the time to stoop,
above and below.

V.

Ice clinks in the glass,
warm bourbon pours from the bottle
my mind slowly numbs

VI.

The old lonely stone
stands a reverent vigil
as the ants march by.

VII.

USA Patriot Act
passed into law unread
now reading is suspect!

VIII.

Angel of freedom
fly not from within our grasp
for security sake!

IX.

As a small child was
frightened by the bogeyman.
Now they are elected!

© C. I. Abramson 2004

Very nice, did you write that? I've always believed we make our own heaven or hell.
Thanks for your sweet and thoughtful comment on my blog. Do we know each other, just curious.
Happy blogging. If I knew how to post blogs and one day I may find out, I would put yours there!
Keep in touch, Jules  

_____________________

Yes I wrote these for a creative writing class I am currently taking. To answer your other question yes we have known each other for 20 years give or take a year or two. My name on here is the name I write in under. I was so glad to happen across your blog and see that you were heading into such happy times. You have my sincere congrats and humble prayers to the univerese that you will have a long happy life in your new marriage. Of course you will always be my muse:)  

_____________________

Well, i have an idea of who you are, but how embarassed would I be to be incorrect!, but I wish you would just write and tell me at julieann09@charter.net.
Your writing is out-of-this-world-terrific.
I hope you are doing well, take care, Jules  

_____________________

Post a Comment