<< Home
Previous Posts
Archives
Online Poker Tour The3Dpoker
Blogs I'm reading

Abused By Illusions

Saturday, December 04, 2004
Upon Visiting A Correctional (?) Facility
Most of you reading this may not understand it but thats ok. Sometimes I have experiences that wrench my heart to the point of breaking it. Often times this happens as a result of me observing things within our society that deeply trouble me but that do not have clear answers. I once long ago thought that such instances resulted from things that had always been this way. I have since througn deep contemplation and soul searching come to the conclusion that this is not the case.

Much as your hands become callous doing hard labor so has our collective consciousness become equally callous to the plight of others. Where once as a species we understood that all are one and one are all today we have forgotten this. I believe deep in my heart that this is not a simple coincidence. The present situation resonates with the signature of those that since the twilight of time have sought to divide the human race one against another in order to maintain control. They seek to wretch wealth from the suffering of each of us that they consider lesser than themselves.

Until we as a species can once again realize how we each are so very interconnected we are doomed in my opinion to an invisible slavery cast over us by those who see it as their divine right to lord over us. My prayer is that very soon a new day will dawn in which our blindness and deafness to this are taken away. Until then I leave you with this my humble verse.

Upon Visiting A Correctional (?) Facility

Framed in razor wire and matted in rough gravel

three small children are searched before seeing daddy.

My pride in deity and country evaporates

as I realize that societal population exponentially recedes

while both penal and military population exponentially multiply.

We have chosen to offer up both our young and old

on the alter of militancy or dehumanizing confinement.

The truth is there are not enough seats on the democratic bus

so we provide them with two equally insane choices as to path.

They can either die quickly to boost gross domestic product

or become the herd animals central to a lower unemployment rate.

Never do we pause to contemplate societal collective failure

for we are programmed to lay the blame upon their individual flaws.

The lucky ones one-day return to their families and communities as hulls

thoroughly dehumanized and with the modernistic mark of Cain.

Then when they cannot handle reintegration we mark it up to recidivism

and label them one final time with a wide brush as institutionalized.

How does one become institutionalized I most humbly ask?

Is it not society that has accomplished this reprehensible task?


© 2004, by C.I. Abramson

Post a Comment