<< Home
Previous Posts
Archives
Online Poker Tour The3Dpoker
Blogs I'm reading

Abused By Illusions

Monday, January 10, 2005
Latest Guard Deployment Includes Mostly Women
I found this article very interesting. 20 of 32 members deploying from this Scranton, Pa guard unit are women. I'm just wondering as this quagmire drags on if the demographics of the growing antiwar movment will be quite a bit different than the one that was born during the Vietnam conflict? Will it be the children, grandchildren, parents, and grandparents of these women that will form the core of the new antiwar movement.

Or since women outnumber men in the United States will this provide the government the ability to absorb a larger body count before the American people say that they have had enough of this insanity. I don't know how others feel but as for me I feel that the government, by blacking out the returning of troops remains, is showing abject disrespect for those that are making the ultimate sacrafice. Why is it that we don't hear more about this? Could it be if the American people were more cognizant of the number of caualties the administrations lies have caused that support for the military activity in Iraq would be nil?

Wow, I just had an epiphany. World Wars I and II were decalred wars. Korea and Vietnam were Police Actions. Kosovo etc were United Nations Peacekeeping Operations. What in sam's name will the history books call the latest military action. Simply the Invasion of Iraq?

C.I. Abramson

Post a Comment